This is one of my favourite weekday lunches. I usually make a big batch & take the left overs for lunch at work. This can be used both as a side salad & as a full meal.
I love this dish because the consistency of it is perfect, this might seem like an odd reason to like a meal, but trust me it’s the small things that matter and now that I have mentioned it, you’ll notice. The soft sweet potatoes contrasting with the crunchy pumpkin seeds is top notch.
The pumpkin seeds ensure this dish is high in zinc – Perfect for fighting off those post festive season sniffles. The main ingredient in this dish, kale, is perfect for your January health kick. It is a natural detoxifier. It not only helps remove toxins, but also helps eliminate them from your body.
The perfect meal for week 1 of Veganury!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 medium sized Sweet potatoes
- 200g kale
- 2 table spoons of apple cider vinegar
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 avocado
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 150g pumpkin seeds
- 100g pitted black olives (chopped up)
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil for cooking
- salt & pepper
- Chilli flakes
- Turn the oven to 180′ C
- Cut the sweet potato into smallish cubes- Place in a baking tray with coconut oil, salt & pepper. Cook for 4o minutes
- Whilst the potatoes cook, place the kale into a food processor & whizz this up for a short time to make the pieces slightly finner but not too fine.
- Place into a bowl, add olive oil, lemon juice & apple cider vinegar- Let this soak for a while.
- Take your cherry tomatoes, place them on a baking tray, with coconut oil & salt – Pop them into the oven with the sweet potatoes. Cook for about 15- 20 minutes.
- Add the chopped olives to the kale mixture
- Place the pumpkin seeds in a pan on the stove. Dry fry these on a medium heat, when they start to crackle & pop, remove these & allow to cool.
- Remove the sweet potato & tomatoes out of the oven – Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients together
- Cube your avocado for the topping – Sprinkle with chilli flakes if you like.
Typing this is making me hungry for this delicious bowl – Might have to sneak some leftovers before bedtime;)