I am a firm believer in starting the day RIGHT! It sets the tone for the rest of your day & ensures one’s mind is in the right place to deal with whatever the day throws at you.
There are many ways in which one can do this, such as meditation & movement, but one thing that is a must, is breakfast – I believe breakfast to be the most important meal of the day & one that gets me VERY excited. We all have our favourite breakfast dish, mine is oats/porridge. I eat it a lot & have consequently found many different ways of enjoying it.
Just because this recipe has the word ‘chocolate’ in it does not mean it’s not healthy, in fact, it’s the opposite. It is full of sustained energy carbs , natural sweeteners, good fats and antioxidants – Making it the perfect fuel for those first few days back to reality in January. The ripe banana & dates give it that natural sweetness & help develop that ‘sticky’ texture that we all know & love – Some might even call this a pudding 😉
- 1½ cups of coconut milk (375 ml)
- ½ cup water (125 ml)
- ½ cup rolled oats (80 g)
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 chopped pitted date
- Toppings of your choice: Chopped strawberries or raspberries, Cacao nibs, shredded coconut or Nut butter.
- Pour the coconut milk and the water into a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Add the rolled oats, cocoa powder, mashed banana & chopped date. Cook on medium heat for about 5/10 minutes. Make sure to stir it a bit so it doesn’t burn
- Add a pinch of salt when it starts to thicken.
- Place the porridge in a bowl, let it cool for a few minutes then and add your favourite toppings.
It is currently a chilly Saturday morning in London & I’m in the mood for something warming & delish! This Chocolate Porridge is definitely on my post-yoga menu today.
Happy Weekend lovelies xx