Everyone is aware of the smoothie bowl trend that has very quickly become the most instagrammed meal – How can we blame all those foodies out there, they are beautiful 💕.
A smoothie bowl is the perfect breakfast or mid-day snack, especially in the summertime when you need something to help cool you off- Given that I am currently dying from a vitamin D deficiency, mid-winter in London, this may seem odd but let’s just say it’s my way of holding onto a bit of summer! As far as I am concerned, it’s never to cold for a smoothie bowl just like it’s never too hot for a cup of tea ✌🏻
For those of you who know me, you’ll know i’m obsessed with peanut butter, practically live off the stuff! For this bowl I took inspiration from my peanut butter obsession to create this delicious combo.I love it and I know you will too!
• 1 cup frozen berries- I like to used a combination of strawberries and raspberries
• 1/2 frozen banana
• 2 tablespoons peanut butter
• 1/4 cup Coconut Yogurt
• 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
Berry chia jam
• 1 cup frozen raspberries
• 1 tablespoon chia seeds
• 1 tsp maple syrup
• Berry Chia Jam
• Peanut butter
• Roasted peanuts chopped
• Fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
• Chia seeds
1. I like to start by making the berry chia jam: Place the berries in a pot on the stove on a medium heat . Mash the berries and stir in the chia seeds and maple syrup. Leave to cool.
2. For the smoothie bowl, combine the frozen berries, frozen banana, peanut butter,chia seeds and coconut yogurt in a blender. Mix on high until smooth and thick.
3. Transfer to a bowl and add toppings. The decorating is the best part. Enjoy.
Smoothie bowls couldn’t be more simple to make- Give this one a try, I promise it won’t disappoint.
Happy Monday All🍌💜🥥🍓