Every weekend is pancake day in our household so when pancake day comes around it means pancakes on a weekday – Ugh, Yes, please!
Pancakes on a weekday may sound like a good idea, but when it comes to the morning rush, let’s be honest, who has time to quickly whizz up a batch of pancakes when it is hard enough to find time to include adding mascara to your makeup routine – Trust me, I get it! This is exactly why I love this recipe, it is SO quick & easy & the thickness of the pancakes means that you don’t need to make a whole stack, two would be enough.
This recipe was the one most of you voted for on my Instagram so here is the recipe! I love the combination of the raspberry compote & the dark chocolate & nutty sauce that forms when adding the toppings.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 440ml almond milk
- 300g plain flour
- 50g oats Muesli (or porridge oats)
- 20g ground almonds
- 30g coconut oil (melted)
- Pinch sea salt flakes
- Coconut/cashew yoghurt (or any plain yoghurt you like)
- Almond butter
- 1/2 a punnet of raspberries
- 1 1/2 tsp of maple syrup
- OHSO dark chocolate (shavings)
- 1 Ripe banana (optional)
- For the pancake batter, blend all the pancake ingredients in a food processor or mixer, until smooth
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan, then spoon in large spoonfuls of pancake batter. Allow to cook on a medium heat for 6 minutes until brown, flip and repeat on the other side
- While the pancakes cook, make the raspberry compote – Add the raspberries & maple syrup together in a pot over a medium heat- Allow them to cook down until gooey compote forms. Remove from the heat and allow to cool
- Slice your bananas, finely chop your OHSO chocolate and prep your other toppings
- Now for the best part, stack your pancakes on a plate and add in your toppings between each layer
- Tuck in while warm!
Happy Pancake Day!